OCA/OCAEF gift acceptance policy
Enacted by the boards on October 17, 2020
Whereas Ohio Citizen Action/Ohio Citizen Action Education Fund actively solicits gifts and grants to further the mission of the organization, and
Whereas there is the potential for controversy if certain gifts are accepted, the organization has therefore adopted the following Gift Acceptance Policy:
When considering whether to solicit or accept gifts, the organization will consider the following factors:
- Values—whether the acceptance of the gift compromises any of the core values of Ohio Citizen Action/Ohio Citizen Action Education Fund
- Compatibility—Whether there is compatibility between the intent of the donor and the organization’s use of the gift
- Public Relationships—whether acceptance of the gift damage the reputation of Ohio Citizen Action/Ohio Citizen Action Education Fund
- Primary Benefit—whether the primary benefit is to Ohio Citizen Action/Ohio Citizen Action Education Fund, versus the donor
- Consistency—is acceptance of the gift consistent with prior practice?
- Form of Gift—Is the gift offered in a form that Ohio Citizen Action/Ohio Citizen Action Education Fund can use without incurring substantial expense or difficulty?
- Effect on Future Giving—Will the gift encourage or discourage future gifts?
All decisions to solicit and/or accept potentially controversial gifts will be made by the Executive Committee of the Board in consultation with the CEO/Executive Director. The primary consideration will be the impact of the gift on the organization.