Total running time :30
- Terri Swearingen:
- They have located it in a residential area where the
closest home is 320 feet away, 1100 feet from an
elementary school where 400 school students attend.
- President Clinton:
- That should not be done. You ought to have some
jurisdiction at the state level about how close they get
to schools and other things that are really troubling,
and when we are in office, we will have real,
meaningful, national standards for the permitting of
these sort of incinerators.
- End Slate:
- President Clinton
Keep Your Promise
Call the White House Today
Total Running Time :60
- (Voice over) :08
- On the campaign trail, Vice President Al Gore promised to stop the burning of toxic waste at the WTI incinerator.
- (Actuality, GORE):13
- A Clinton/Gore administration is going to give you an
environmental presidency to deal with these problems.
We'll be on your side for a change instead of the side
of the garbage generators.
- (V/O) :04
- and President Clinton also said he opposed the burn.
- (Actuality, Clinton) :10
- The federal government should not permit permitting of
incinerators where you are going to have on-site storage
of garbage in a flood plain..that should not be done.
- (V/O) :21
- But the Administration backed down on that promise and now, the world's largest toxic incinerator is burning poisonous waste in your backyard.
Call the White House today at 202-456-1414. Tell Bill Clinton and Al Gore to keep their pormise and shut down WTI. If they don't, it's you that's getting burned.
A message from Save Our County and Greenpeace.