Cincinnati Area Program Director
Ohio Citizen Action is seeking to fill the position of Cincinnati Area Program Director. This is a community organizing position with the primary responsibility of managing Ohio Citizen Action's "good neighbor campaigns" to prevent pollution in southern Ohio. The current campaign is focused on Eramet, a manganese refinery in Marietta. Founded in 1975, Ohio Citizen Action is Ohio's largest environmental organization. Ohio Citizen Action is an equal opportunity employer.
- Working with residents of Southern Ohio communities, including organizing public meetings, leadership development, group projects, and citizen-based testing for air pollution.
- Working with Ohio Citizen Action's door-to-door and phone canvass, program staff, board members, and others to develop, maintain, and carry out a campaign plan.
- Coordinating outreach to the public and key decision-makers, including corporate and government leaders.
- Working with the media and providing campaign materials for Ohio Citizen Action's website, www.ohiocitizen.org.
- Fundraising, including working with Ohio Citizen Action's research and public education affiliate, Ohio Citizen Action Education Fund, and Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati.
Benefits: Excellent benefits package, including health insurance. Salary commensurate with experience.
- At least two years community organizing experience preferred, and previous work with canvassing organizations helpful.
- Strong interest in working with community leaders on environmental health issues.
- Excellent communications skills necessary, including interpersonal skills, public speaking, and writing.
- Ability to motivate and train staff and volunteers, and to maintain focus and discipline in campaign planning and execution.
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends and to make regular trips to Marietta.
- Bachelor's degree or some college education preferred.
To apply: Please send your resume to Sandy Buchanan, Executive Director, Ohio Citizen Action, 614 W. Superior Ave., Cleveland, OH 44113. Fax: 216-694-6904, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply by March 22, 2007.